WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Review: A Sound In The Dark

A Sound In The Dark A Sound In The Dark by Kyle Alexander Romines
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An exceptionally terrifying novel which re-illustrates for me the perfect reason I don't camp: not Bear, not Mountain Lion, not Wolf, not Rabid Possum. The fear is of Human Evil, so excruciatingly defined in A SOUND IN THE DARK.


But that's not all: in addition to the rampages of human evil, this wonderful author gives up plenty of both character evolution and devolution, finely delineated to the degree that I as reader was totally emotionally involved in the story.


One more point: I resonated with that which I perceive as Lovecraftian influences. Without detail to spoil the plot, there exist distinct otherworldly resonances....or is it mania or schizophrenia after all? This reader thinks not.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment