WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Friday, December 21, 2018

Review: Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer

Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer by Ryan Suvaal
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

All my life I've considered myself a Grammar Tsarina. I despise the multiplicity of grammatical and spelling mistakes which seems to actually proliferate over time. However, I have never felt that serial killing was an appropriate, let alone, required response. Simply refusing to buy the author's books should be sufficient. However, the protagonist of this book views the situation quite differently. One day she simply "had enough," and decided to annotate books with horrid grammar, leave detailed notes--and kill the authors. Gorily. Gruesomely. But in apropos situations. Not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach, this short book (40 pages) is nevertheless wildly imaginative. I enjoyed the ways in which the Grammar Nazi skewered us conspiracy theorists. Quite humorous in its way. From a stirring reader's hook to a very surprising epilogue, this is not like any story you've read; or at least, not like any I've read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment