WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Monday, April 1, 2019

Review: In the Shadow of Spindrift House

In the Shadow of Spindrift House In the Shadow of Spindrift House by Mira Grant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

IN THE SHADOW OF SPINDRIFT HOUSE is such a perfect novel that I am rendered speechless. It's so deserving of praise, but I am too awestruck to deliver it! the horror, the characterizations, the familial friendship, the setting, and for this reader, the intense "Lovecraftianness" (yes, I coined that word) of Spindrift House and its "owners" and those Called to it, are beyond my ability to express. Mira Grant is an extraordinary writer, and as much as I loved INTO THE DARKEST DEEPS, I may just love this one more.

Four close friends (two are non-identical twins, the other is a young man and his foster sister) decide on one final ghost-hunting excursion, to an isolated coastal house in Maine, for a very big payout. What could go wrong? What indeed? They can't possibly know what Spindrift House has in mind, but each one will find out, though only one will understand why.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment