WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Friday, April 26, 2019

Review: They Kill

They Kill They Kill by Tim Waggoner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Whoa! What a WILD ride! I've almost lost hope for humanity, because so many "normal folks," "good people," in this splatterpunk horror novel turn bad, seemingly without too much provocation, including some I least expected. Tons of violence and gore, some really ugly scenes, excruciating pain, and high levels of obscenity, for me were balanced out by the Lovecraftian overlay and backdrop. What a chaotic and random world is depicted here, perhaps an homage to Lovecraft's blind, mad, god Azathoth. Certainly it seems so.

Sensitive readers, beware. Splatterpunk aficionados, hang on to your craniums cause this is a trip you'll never forget.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment