WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Review: The Tragic Daughters of Charles I: Mary, Elizabeth & Henrietta Anne

The Tragic Daughters of Charles I: Mary, Elizabeth & Henrietta Anne The Tragic Daughters of Charles I: Mary, Elizabeth & Henrietta Anne by Sarah-Beth Watkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading about the wives of Henry VIi in the early 1500's and now about the daughters of King Charles I (himself executed in 1649), I marvel at the fragility of life in the Middle Ages, and wonder that sufficient individuals survived to even propagate the species. Not just poor health, malnutrition, lack of hygiene, and contagious diseases, afflicted the populace. Even the royals were subject to death or worse on a whim. This fascinating narrative examines the lives of Charles I, his wife, and their many offspring.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment