WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Review: The Sixth Wicked Child

The Sixth Wicked Child The Sixth Wicked Child by J.D. Barker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm relieved and gratified that after the intrigue of THE FOURTH MONKEY followed by the slow pace Noir of THE FIFTH TO DIE, I discovered THE SIXTH WILD CHILD to be thrilling and riveting.


This stunning, suspenseful, and incredibly convoluted conclusion to the FOURTH MONKEY TRILOGY gloriously fulfills the promise and potential of the introductory THE FOURTH MONKEY. I was engrossed, couldn't sleep till I finished it, and even then spent a night pondering "But what then? And what happened to---?" And "Did the End mean this? Or did it mean something else entirely? Or what really happened?" So I can't say I'm quite satisfied with the ending; but I certainly became immensely involved throughout. Kind of sorry to see it end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment