WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Review: Forgotten Bones

Forgotten Bones Forgotten Bones by Vivian Barz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

FORGOTTEN BONES is riveting! I couldn't take my eyes off the page, so it was a one-day reading. I'm ecstatic to know the series will continue and soon. The "good guys" here are really special and quite unusual. The "bad guys" (a multiplicity) are--to put it mildly--scary. All of them. The implacability, the total disregard for human life and dignity and the right to survive, their "philosophy of life"--chilling!! Author Vivian Barz fine-tunes her characters (where did she "find" some of these villains?!!) so that they are very realistic. Her treatment of Eric's psychology is humane and truthful. I am so eager to encounter these characters (the good guys) again.


Caution: FORGOTTEN BONES does deal with some very sensitive and upsetting subjects, including involving children and predators of children. Be aware.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment