WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Review: The House on Cold Hill

The House on Cold Hill The House on Cold Hill by Peter James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not much I love better than a good scary English ghost story, and now that I've read THE HOUSE ON COLD HILL, I'm quite eager to read its sequel, THE SECRET OF COLD HILL (upcoming). Author Peter James neatly works in 21st century technology (the setting is 2015), such as cell phones, laptops, email, web site design, as tools of the haunting occurring in a 1750 residence (and not only in the home and on the grounds, either). I found empathy with the characters readily come by so throughout I was anxious that their efforts would succeed and they would win out over the haunting. Well: be careful what you wish for, after all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment