WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Friday, August 30, 2019

Review: The Fourth Monkey

The Fourth Monkey The Fourth Monkey by J.D. Barker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My original read of this Mystery was August 2017; I gave it 3 Stars but did not pen a review. I've just reread it (August 2019) to get the foundation for the two sequels: THE FIFTH TO DIE (release August 2018) and SIXTH WICKED CHILD (Release August 2019). On this rereading I've adjusted my reading to 4 stars. I enjoyed the humor, and the Abbott & Costello near-slapstick shenanigans of Detectives Nash and Norton; I admired protagonist Detective Sam Porter. The secondary villains, those whom the Fourth Monkey Killer targeted by destroying loved ones, were, of course, despicable. I admired secondary heroine Emory. But by far my favourite part was reading 4MK's "Diary" along with Detective Porter: that was a psychological tour de force!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment