WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Review: The Whisper Man

The Whisper Man The Whisper Man by Alex North
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lately I seem to be "reading a theme." Though not consciously intentional, much of what I've read lately has dealt with crimes against children. So too, THE WHISPER MAN, with its foundation of murders of children occurring two decades ago, resulting in the killer's capture and imprisonment; and now, a new child abduction, clearly not by the incarcerated earlier killer. Is it in honor of his exploits, or opposed?


This novel also carries a strong foundational theme of Fathers and Sons, exemplified in several instances, and I think that perhaps this is the stronger and more powerful of these two foci, even overshadowing the theme of child murder.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment