WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Review: Stay Away

Stay Away Stay Away by Ike Hamill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

STAY AWAY is Ike Hamill's newest novel, one which persuaded me to fear trees, barns, indoors, outdoors, and especially water supplies. I don't like HEA's because I think them unrealistic, and I sure didn't find that here. The one good result for me was some totally unexpected (possibly unrealistic) character evolution, and I will not specify which individual. Read for yourself and find out.


STAY AWAY is jam-packed with gore, so watch those sensitive stomachs. It's also suffused with implacable horror, the kind that never stops giving, even when [you think] it's over. I found it engrossing even though tragic. I wanted to fix everything and everyone.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment