WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Review: A Stranger on the Beach

A Stranger on the Beach A Stranger on the Beach by Michele Campbell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

STRANGER ON THE BEACH in a character way reminded me of Caroline Kepnes' YOU, a novel in which I despised and despaired of both protagonist and antagonist. Here, too, the antagonist both repelled and terrified me; and I felt the protagonist often acted foolishly, and although I am not going to engage in "victim-bashing" or "she asked for it," still: foolish behavior is irresponsible and when it involves an abuser or worse, foolishness is downright dangerous. All that glitters is not gold; and smooth talk may conceal a cobra. Buyer, beware. Wealth and society can't protect from all ills.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment